|The Data Storage Technical Committee is a technical committee of the IEEE Communications Society.
The Data Storage Technical Committee (DSTC) promotes advances in state-of-the-art communications, signal processing and coding technologies to enhance data storage systems, in order to achieve high storage densities, fast access, and low error rates. This is accomplished by activities such as sponsoring technical sessions at major conferences, organizing workshops and tutorials, and organizing special issues of IEEE journals and magazines.
The DSTC is open to all with an interest in communication techniques for data storage, including students. The first step is to join the mailing list, which includes calls for papers for conferences and journals, calls for award nominations, and announcements of upcoming DSTC meetings. The DSTC meetings are held twice per year, at ICC and Globecom. The meetings are open — if you are attending ICC or Globecom, please join us. At the meetings, you can learn about opportunities for volunteering.
Current Policies and Procedures
Previous web site
- DSTC officer election is coming, see information on candidates for the 2017-2018 term. November 16, 2016
- You have found the new DSTC web site. ComSoc now provides a nifty new site, although we lost the old design with its patterned media background. Eventually, the old site will disappear.November 16, 2016
- ICC 2017 will be held in Paris, France. Submit your papers to the Data Storage Track Data Storage track. Deadline October 14, 2016. August 24, 2016
- Nominations are open for the 2015 Best Paper Award and 2015 Best Student Paper Award. June 27, 2016
- Next DSTC meeting: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:30-14:00, Parkview 3 room of the Mandarin Hotel at ICC 2016 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.May 12, 2016
- Congratulations to the authors of “Locally Rewritable Codes for Resistive Memories”. Their data storage paper won a Best Paper Award for ICC 2016, one of two papers from the Selected Area in Communications (SAC) Symposium. The authors are Yongjune Kim, Abhishek Sharma, Robert Mateescu, Seung-Hwan Song, Zvonimir Z Bandic, James Bain and B. V. K. Vijaya Kumar.May 12, 2016
- The deadline for the JSAC data storage issue has been extended to May 2, 2016. April 4, 2016
- Congratualtions to Farzad Farnoud (Hassanzadeh) and Olgica Milenkovic, their paper has received the 2014 Best Student Paper Award of the IEEE Data Storage Technical Committee (DSTC). March 16, 2016
- Congratualtions to Chao Tian, his paper has received the 2014 Best Paper Award of the IEEE Data Storage Technical Committee (DSTC). March 16, 2016