2016-2017 Call for Nominations for Best Paper Awards
The Data Storage Technical Committee of the IEEE Communications Society invites you to nominate or self-nominate papers for:
2016-2017 IEEE Data Storage Best Paper Award
2016-2017 IEEE Data Storage Best Student Paper Award
The nomination deadline is August 31, 2018.
The paper must appear in print in a peer-reviewed journal or peer-reviewed conference proceedings in 2016 or 2017, i.e., from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017. The specific technical content of the nominated paper is expected to have a clear connection to the general theme of data storage. A nominated paper needs to show originality and substantial technological impact or potential technological impact on both the theory and the practice of existing/future data storage systems, or on emerging storage technologies that are gaining momentum.
A paper may be nominated for both awards, but only one will be awarded. If awarded, all the co-authors (up to three) will each receive a plaque.
Additional Eligibility for Best Student Paper Award:
- The first author must be a student at the time the paper is accepted for publication or a graduate whose paper is submitted for publication within 6 months of his/her graduation date.
- The contribution of the first author must be greater than 50%.
To nominate a paper: please email your nomination to one (or both) of the award committee co-chairs, and include the following documents:
- The pdf file for the paper that is being nominated.
- A brief cover letter to explain the significance and contribution of the work, as well as the publication information. For student paper award nominations, please include a statement on the contribution of the student author.
- An optional endorsement letter (can be a brief statement on the significance of the work) by a senior personnel who is not a coauthor. Though not mandatory, this letter is strongly recommended for self-nominated conference papers. This letter can be included in the same package or sent separately by the endorser.
Award committee co-chairs:
Yuval Cassuto (email@example.com)
Chao Tian (firstname.lastname@example.org)