Major functions of the DSTC include sponsoring technical sessions at major conferences, organizing workshops and tutorials, and organizing special issues of IEEE journals.
Special Issues, Workshops, Tutorials
- JSAC Issue Channel Modeling, Coding and Signal Processing for Novel Physical Memory Devices and Systems published September 2016. CFP
- JSAC Issue Communication Methodologies for the Next-Generation Storage Systems published May 2014. CFP
- JSAC Issue Data Communication Techniques for Storage Channels and Networks, published February 2010.CFP
- IEEE ICC 2012 — Workshop on Emerging Data Storage Technologies. web site
- Globecom 2010 — Workshop on Application of Communication Theory to Emerging Memory Technologies. web site list
Technical Sessions at ICC and Globecom
Upcoming data storage tracks
- ICC2020 in Dublin, Ireland. Jeongseok Ha and Marcelo Marotta, Track Chairs.
- Globecom 2019 in Big Island of Hawaii, USA. Anxiao (Andrew) Jiang, Track Chair.
- ICC 2019 in Shanghai, China. Xinmiao Zhang, Track Chair
Recent data storage tracks
- ICC 2018 in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. Shayan Garani Srinivasa, Track Chair.
- Globecom 2017 in Singapore. Cai Kui, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Track Chair
- ICC 2017 in Paris, France. Ozan Koyluoglu, Track Chair. CFP TPC Members
- Globecom 2016 in Washington, DC, USA. Sedat Olcer, Track Chair. TPC Members
- ICC 2016 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Edward Au, Track Chair. CFP TPC Members
- Globecom 2015 in San Diego, California, USA. Haitao (Tony) Xiao, Track Chair. TPC Members
- ICC 2015 in London, UK. Xinde Hu, Track Chair. CFP TPC Members
- Globecom 2014 in Austin, Texas, USA. Lara Dolecek, Track Chair. CFP TPC Members
- ICC 2014 in Sydney, Australia. Brian Kurkoski, Track Chair. CFP and TPC Members
- Globecom 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Edward Au, Track Chair. CFP TPC Members
- ICC 2013, Budapest, Hungary. Tiffany Ji Ling, Track Chair
- Globecom 2012, Anaheim, California, USA. Zining Wu, Track Chair. CFP and TPC Members
Data Storage Representitives 1992 to 2012
The DSTC Representitive proposes the data storage track to Globecom/ICC.
Michael Melas, ICC ’92; Alan Armstrong, Globecom ’93; Jay Moon, ICC ’94; Kevin Fisher and Pablo Ziperovich, Globecom ’94; Jack Kenney, ICC ’95; Hemant Thapar, Globecom ’95; Jay Moon, ICC ’96; Nersi Nazari, Globecom ’96; Kevin Fisher, ICC ’97; Kelly Fitzpatrick, Globecom ’97; Sathotharan Nair, ICC ’98; Nersi Nazari, Globecom ’98; Zak Keirn, ICC ’99; Eric McDonald, Globecom ’99; Shirish Altekar, ICC 2000; Yuan Xing Lee, Globecom 2000; Gregory L Silvus, ICC 2001; Aleksandar Kavcic, Globecom 2001; Aleksandar Kavcic ICC 2002; Steven McLaughlin, Globecom 2002; Bane Vasic, ICC 2003; Yuan Xing Lee, Globecom 2003; Vijayakumar Bhagavatula, Globecom 2004; Jing (Tiffany) Li, ICC 2005; Shaohua Yang, Globecom 2005; Erozan Kurtas, ICC 2006, Erozan Kurtas, Globecom 2006, Yuanxing Lee, ICC 2007, Bruce Wilson, Globecom 2007. Tiffany Jing Li, ICC 2008, Bruce Wilson, Globecom 2008, Shaohua Yang, ICC 2009, Globecom 2009, Fatih Erden, ICC 2010, Riccardo Raheli. Globecom2010, Haitao (Tony) Xia and Bill Radich. ICC2011, Tiffany Li. Globecom2011, Alex Dimakis. ICC2012, Warren Gross, Kui Cai. Globecom 2012, Zining Wu